Here are seven reasons why this photo of our Class 1 students makes us happy:
- There are lots of children in the class. When we first adopted Jana Uddhar, there were barely 10 students in Class 1. Now we have 30.
- We have two teachers in the classroom to help with the larger numbers.
- The students are proudly wearing their new, warm school sweaters.
- The classroom is painted and clean.
- There are age-appropriate chairs and desks.
- The filter on the wall in the background provides clean drinking water for everyone.
- And most importantly, the students are enjoying their learning – in this lesson they are making snowmen!
And here’s what the same room looked like before we adopted the school.